Homeschooling Reluctant Writers
(A series of 10 fun writing assignments given by a pirate)
Aaaaarrggghh! This is Dread Pirate Susan Evans here to give you ideas for homeschooling reluctant writers.
- You can plan your ideal summer vacation any time of year. Grab a sheet of paper and write a full page of what your ideal summer vacation would be. For example:
- Would you go to the ocean? (Look at ocean pictures and describe why it’s so calming to you.)
- Or perhaps hike through a forest to a waterfall? (Describe the waterfall.)
- Or maybe you just want to go to a lake and go swimming, build sand castles, and float on a big ol’ rafty thing that looks like a banana. (You can come up with other ideas, like traveling to Europe!)
I’m sure you can come up with some plans for your ideal summer vacation. This is Dread Pirate Susan Evans, signing off. Aaaaarrggghhh!
Calling all homeschooled kids! I dare you to make a video response to this pirate video on YouTube:
- Plan your ideal summer vacation. You can look at brochures from your local tourist office, or just make something up out of your head.
- Write a full page description of your ideal summer vacation.
- Read your description into a video camera, and upload it to YouTube.
- Go to the above video on YouTube, and press “video response.”
- I am automatically notified when someone posts a video response. After watching it, I will embed it right here on this page!