Homeschooling Reluctant Writers
(A series of 10 fun writing assignments given by a pirate)
Aaaaarrggghh! This is Dread Pirate Susan Evans to tell you more ideas for reluctant writers.
Writing Idea #2: Amusement Park
- Go ahead and dream up the wildest amusement park you can think of–yeah–all the rides, and describe them in a different paragraph. Uh huh…
- You’re saying that you don’t know what it’s like to ride on rides? Well, come for a ride with me. (Watch us go on lots of fun rides, including a log ride, an umbrella ride, a roller coaster, a turning ride, and a spinning ride.) Wasn’t that fun?
- Now, you can choose a theme like outer space or robots or flowers in the meadow–whatever you wish–and you describe each one in a different paragraph. And it would be a wonderful paper, wouldn’t it? Yes.
This is Dread Pirate Susan Evans, signing off. Aaaaarrggghhh!
- Write a full one-page description of an amusement park.
- Dress up as a pirate.
- Read your amusement park description into a video camera and upload it to YouTube.
- Go to the above video on YouTube, and press “video response.”
- I am automatically notified when someone posts a video response. After watching it, I will embed it right here on this page!