How to Draw Close to God
How can people draw closer to God? Here are the top 10 ways that I’ve found to be true in my own life:
- Yield your spirit to the Lordship of Christ.
- Read the Bible and mull it over, and sit there and think about it, and don’t be rushed.
- Pray with your heart.
- Go to church, be a friend, and use your spiritual gifts.
- Praise God with all your heart. Sing. If you’re off-key, play praise music.
- Pinpoint sin in your life and repent of it. Ask God to change you, and see the exciting results.
- Love your spouse and make him a priority. Learn to draw closer to God through your spouse.
- Practice hospitality and have families from your church over to dinner.
- Ask God what to do with your day instead of doing your own agenda.
- Ask God a question and expect Him to answer. Open your heart and wait.
Tags: Christian Living