Top 10 Reasons to Rest
Here are the top 10 reasons to rest:
- Rest makes you more productive. If you feel refreshed, you can get more accomplished than if you are tired.
- You get sick more easily if you don’t rest.
- Rest helps you to think rationally.
- You eventually get burnout if you don’t rest, and it takes longer to recuperate from burnout.
- Rest helps you to deal with your emotions in relationships.
- You have better conversations when you are rested.
- Rest helps you to not be as stressed.
- Rest helps you feel more optimistic about life.
- God invites us to rest (Matthew 11:28), gives us an example of rest in the week of creation, and includes Sabbath rest in the Ten Commandments.
- Rest gives you an opportunity to reconnect to God.
Tags: fitness, health, rest, sleep, top ten