We have come to the final installment of the “Unmasking the Enemy” series: Take Up the Full Armor of God. If we do not arm ourselves with spiritual weapons, we will not be able to overcome the enemy.
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:10-11 NASB
Realize that our battle is on a different, unseen realm. “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.” Ephesians 6:12-13 NASB
Here is the full armor of God. Put on each piece:
1. Truth (recognizing and rejecting the deception of the enemy)
2. Righteousness (pursuing personal holiness)
3. Salvation (standing secure in our knowledge that no one can snatch us out of God’s hand)
4. Faith (believing God, that His Word is true)
- The shield of faith has to be raised in time to extinguish the darts of the enemy. In other words, we need to be able to recognize when the darts are coming from the enemy to render the darts useless and for them to fall to the ground without piercing the soul.
- The shield of faith is the ability to discern what is happening on the spiritual realm rather than on the physical realm. If God says our struggle is not against flesh and blood, we must have the faith to believe the true nature of the battle. If we lose sight of this, we will double over in pain from the piercing darts, and we will be so discouraged that we can hardly get up. At that point (having let the arrows into our body), we need other believers to do prayer battle so that God can clear the fog and enable us to see the accusations from the enemy and discern what is truly happening so that we are not utterly destroyed.
- “What’s so awesome about the shield is that apparently there’s not a single lie or accusation that we can’t extinguish—for God says we will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one.” – Kay Arthur
5. Preparation to share the gospel (desire the salvation of the lost and be willing to lead others to Christ)
6. Sword of the Spirit (study God’s Word to use it offensively against the enemy; specific verses against specific sins; knowing God)
Here is the video explaining the armor of God and how to use it:
To teach your children about the armor of God, go here: Armor of God for ChildrenTweet