If you are looking for a fun and dramatic speaker, I would enjoy speaking at your event! I love speaking at homeschool conferences, and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from my workshops. I sometimes wear historical costumes, and people say I have a sense of humor. I pack a lot of practical information into every fast-paced workshop. Most of my workshops have powerpoint presentations with lots of pictures that re-enforce the topics that I'm covering. I provide my own powerpoint projector, so all I need is an electrical socket and a blank wall or screen. I specialize in hands-on learning and creative writing, and I have been a public speaker for over 7 years. Here is a list of popular workshops I've done at other conferences that you can choose from. You can click on the links to see their descriptions and endorsements:
- Using Journals to Teach Writing
- Integrating Art Into History
- Living Geography: Travel the World from your Living Room
- Living Science: Bringing the Outdoors into your Home
- Using Simple Costumes and Props to Teach the Bible
- Making History Notebooks
- Learning Centers for Early Childhood
- Making Literature Fun
- Philosophies of Homeschooling
- Organizing Your Homeschool Day
- Homeschooling a Reluctant Writer
I live in Spokane, Washington, so the flight cost for my husband and I would need to be covered, as well as accommodation and transportation from the airport to the accommodation to the conference. A vendor table with electricity is necessary. Normally I'm paid $100 per workshop on top of that. If your funds are tight, this last amount is negotiable. I do a maximum of 4 workshops per conference so that I have a chance to interact with people in the vendor hall.
“Great ideas... You have a tremendous gift of creativity and teaching.”
“Very enthusiastic and energetic!”
“Love how real she is.”
"Amazing! I will be in her next workshop, too!"
"So motivating. Loved it!"
Past Speaking Engagements:
- "Connecting with God: The Power of Prayer" Spokane, WA - 3/2016
- "Arizona Families for Home Education" Phoenix, AZ - 7/2015
- "Washington Homeschool Organization" Puyallup, WA - 6/2015
- "Christian Family Home Educators" Spokane, WA - 3/2015
- "Women's Prayer Retreat" Spokane, WA - 8/2014
- "Christian Family Home Educators" Spokane, WA - 3/2014
- "Washington Homeschool Organization" Puyallup, WA - 6/2013
- "Christian Family Home Educators" Spokane, WA - 4/2013
- "Washington Homeschool Organization" Puyallup, WA - 6/2012
- "Christian Family Home Educators" Spokane, WA - 5/2012
- "Early Childhood Conference" Spokane, WA - 3/2012
- "OCEAN Conference" Portland, Oregon - 6/2011
- "Early Childhood Conference" Spokane, WA - 3/2011
- "Inland Northwest Homeschool Conference" Spokane, WA - 3/2011
- "Inland Northwest Homeschool Conference" Spokane, WA - 3/2010
Women's Retreats and Conferences:
I also speak at women's retreats and conferences about the topic of prayer. If your women's group is interested in booking me, you can see a list of workshops in the audio section of my prayer page. I can also create new workshops that address the needs of your group, related to the topic of prayer.
Here is an introduction:
Susan Evans has a heart to teach women how to yield their lives to Christ wholeheartedly. She grew up as a missionary kid in Guatemala and has written a book about it. She is currently working on her next book, Becoming a Prayer Warrior: A Personal Journey. She enjoys speaking at conferences, showing women how to draw closer to God by making their faith real.
"Thank you for your wonderful talk on prayer. We have had many good reports of how the ladies enjoyed it and I'm sure they have been encouraged to learn more and to do more. God bless." - Patti Mattfeld, women's ministry coordinator
"I have been to many brunches and teas, but I want you to know that your message was so inspirational and moving. I loved your honesty and enthusiasm! Thank you for being so open and vulnerable with us." - attendee of prayer brunch
Booking details: I can be flown to the women's retreat, and accommodation, transportation, and food will need to be provided by the retreat. If your finances are tight, the speaker fee is negotiable. I feel so strongly about women being transformed in the area of prayer that the joy of fulfilling my life's purpose gives me joy.
If you are interested in booking me to speak at an upcoming conference, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.